Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Collin at Home

     Well, let's see... It is 5:00 PM on January 18th which means Collin has been home for about fifty hours! He is gorgeous; but don't tell him that. He is an amazing feeder and a wonderful sleeper. He is, in every way, captivating. I am sure all parents feel this way, but I could sit and watch him for hours on end. Surely the proud grandparents could as well.


     When we came home on Sunday we were all tired and tired of being in the hospital. Collin had enough of those nasty nurses, with their prodding and cold hands. Kelsey had enough laying in bed. I'd had enough of that window seat/bed. All of that melted away the moment we came home. Robin was here to help us settle in and she has been an unbelievable help. The presence of a third pair of hands in our little home, especially one with experience, is comforting in and of itself and Robin has been supportive and informative in ways we never could have imagined. Our first night Collin slept for a few solid spans and had one major meltdown. Last night he was a dream. He never slept longer than two hours, but he wasn't fussy or difficult. Kelsey was able to get a lot of overdue rest, and I took the helm in watching, entertaining, burping, and changing.
It is hard to believe how entirely this little man has captured my heart and fullest attention, but with a face like this, how can that be helped?

     These first few days have been an amazing experience and one I will never forget. Thank you to everyone who came to visit and for all of your support and prayers.

Much love,
Tim, Kelsey, and Collin

2 comments:

  1. Yep, there's my beautiful baby boy with his beautiful baby boy. What a wonderful family.
    Collin, I'm coming down to see you again tomorrow along with your Auntie Sedona. I know she'll think you're as amazing as the rest of us do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Glad you started a blog to brag on your baby boy!! ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete